Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Night - Night Before Am. Cup 1

  I did a whole bunch of nothing before practice ice at 4:15 at the Petite National Ice Center. The free hotel shuttle took us there in about 10 minutes. I arrived and before I even pulled into the parking lot, I saw a group of familiar faces. It was awesome to reunite with everyone. The Virginians, the huge group from Pittsburgh, the guys from Saratoga and everyone else. The warm up went okay. The ice was already chopped up when we (Edin, Casey, Kendal and myself) got on the ice. The pittsburgh club looks very intimidating indeed and John- Henry looks amazing.
  Shani Davis, who apparently trains in Milwaukee (long track) was in the building and skating around. He's awesome to watch.
  I have warm-ups at 10:30 tomorrow and I will do 1500s first. It should be very interesting. There are a lot of great skaters and I don't feel very confident on my feet skating. The two weeks off ice combined with the blister problem is the reason.  I will do my best of course and try to stay positive, knowing that I have only improvement ahead of me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment