Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday October 31st

I have one week before I am home again! That is one long week though as I still have 3 days of training, a tough packing job, a day of traveling and getting checked in my hotel and then a weekend of stressful racing in Cleveland. Its gonna be good because I will make it good.
  Kendal's party was fun. There were a ton of people there from her and her older brother's school. Everybody was dressed in a costume of course. We danced a lot and I was sore the next day.
  The whole couple days was so hectic. But it was a controlled hectic. From skating friday morning I went home with Kendal, dropped her off at school and then helped Annette (Kendal's mother) shop. We went back to the house and unloaded all the groceries and then I went with Kendal's brother Austin to pick Kendal up from school. I didn't sleep all day leading up to the party though I wanted to but when the party started, I was ready - of course. lol. It was too late to go home to the Uyeharas when Casey and I left so I went home to Casey's dorm and slept there on the couch. When I woke up, I had the challenging decision of how to get home. Should I take the lame bus system and take all day to get back? Should I save time but lose a ton of money by calling a taxi to take me? Could I maybe get Casey to give me yet another ride? Could I all Gary to come down and bring me back? Or should I just stay with Casey all day and go with him to practice? I decided on the first option, the bus.
  It went surprisingly well. I mapped my route out on Google maps and took two different buses for a total of 25 miles for just $3. However it took 2 hours and 20 minutes and by the time I got back, I hardly had time to fall asleep before I had to go to practice. It was good though. The whole thing. I have become so good at planning ahead and working things out on my own. I had everything I needed at all times. I was never hungry, thirsty, sleep-deprived or anxious about much of anything. Casey gave me the book Fight Club to read on the bus as I have finished the other two books I had. The area around his College, OTIS, is very nice and artsy. I like it.
  Today Gary is swinging by and we'll spend the day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment