Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday October 8th

Lots to say... let's see...
I did basically three workouts today: One turn-cable workout at the rink this morning. I jogged to and from the rink then took a slight break to refuel and prepare for a tough workout on the street here at the house which lasted about an hour and consisted of low-walks, accelerations and jump sets plus a cool down run and stretch. I lazed around for a while, practicing, eating, sleeping making plans for Sunday, making plans for Monday, lol, and then I jogged to the Gym which by Google Earth, is exactly 1.3 miles away. I had my backpack with all my workout stuff and a water bottle to carry and it felt so strange running - like some sort of ad for a North Face product or something. At the Gym I did - what else - a grueling workout on the bike, watching the playoffs on one of the TVs, some core work and then jogged back here. I must have run around 6 miles total today and with the weights last night and hamstring exercises, I am having trouble walking, i am so sore. Tis good.

  On a family note, there is a noisy new member to the Uyehara family and her name is Ginger. She is a tiny dog, but she can threaten the composure of your ear drums when she gets going barking. This happens whenever anyone enters the house or whenever anything unusual passes outside or when the wind blows or when you breathe too heavily - as a matter of fact, she can go off at ANy time - 6 in the morning not excluded. She's a hoot though - its easy to forgive her.
  Jon's parents were in today. The father served in the army and was telling me some pretty crazy stories about serving in the Korean war. He described the feelings when he heard the battle horns, then saw the enemies swarming over a hill! It was intense.
  I plan to skate again Tuesday. Monday I will return to the Podiatrist and we will push out the boot in the place necessary.
  Okay, I'm starving. Gonna go cook up a somethin good.

No comments:

Post a Comment