Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday October 25th

Saturday was a busy day. Gary came and picked me up at the house I am living in here in Culver City. Gary is an old friend of the family (my family back in New York) and lately Ive gotten closer with him through the yoga classes he runs at this sweet house. If I kept going about Gary (stories, accomplishments, awesomeness, etc.) it would be a novel. Anyway, he picked me up and took me on a great ride through Beverly Hills, then up and down the Hollywood Hills and we arrived at our destination, the house of one Penny Marshall  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Marshall
Among numerous jaw-dropping features to the house, it has a porch with sofas and tables which looks out over much of L.A. She has a ton of baseballs autographed by Joe Dimaggio, Roger Maris, Jacky Robinson and so many others. Derek Jeter's Helmet, Darryl Strawberry's helmet - there is so much. Outside of the kitchen window there are about 6 or 7 Hummingbirds feeding. 
  Gary took me to the rink and watched the little race we had. I did so so in the race. I have been training soooo hard lately I think it is catching up with me as my legs were super heavy. I had some good moments.

  After the race I went to eat at Chipotle with Casey after and then back to his College Dorm where I met his room mates and chilled there for a bit. Then Zach's parents picked me up on the way back from Souplantation and I slept like a baby.

  Sunday, a new day, an off day, and still a busy day. I woke up and went to the Araneta's church, which was quite an experience. Live music and a very confident pastor were included in the sermon before we went to eat in Chinatown. Then we went to Santa Monica pier which was cool and saw a movie (not worth mentioning, but don't see Life As We Know It). Santa Monica is cool because there are tons of live performers on the street. We came home at night and I played the cello for the family while they ate. haha.

  This morning I was back on the ice and dealing with mental problems. I was not in the mood to work hard and it was the first time Ive caught myself with something less than a determined attitude since my new resolve. I caught it though and finished strong. Joey Lindsay may be coming to train for a long time here. That would be super!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment