Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday October 22nd

When does it stop being interesting changing families! The Aranetas, my latest kind hosts (kind is an understatement in their case as you will see), are from the Philippines. Apparently as Lorelei has told me when you are middle class or above there, you have such an easy, laid back life with Nannies and people who do your laundry. They moved here and took a few years to adjust, with the help of Lorelei's mother, as the life was much more trying obviously. Lorelei is a fantastic cook and she ran a catering business together with her husband Zachary until recently. Now she has a lot of free time and lucky for me she uses a lot of that time to cook for the family. I feel like a king the way I eat here. Egg sandwiches with scallops in the early morning along with a strawberry-banana smoothie; When I came home this morning, the younger Zach who skates and myself went to the pool and jumped in the cold pool for 5 minutes then in the steaming, bubbling jacuzzi for (a long) 5 minutes a couple times. we came home to the smell of delicious salmon burgers and sweet potato fries made only with healthy ingredients along with another shake. Now Zach is off to school and I am here alone in the house with the keys and access to anything. I am serious when I say I feel like a king. I am helping out as much as they will let me, which is not much as they are just too kind. Its amazing.
  I had another good session this morning and Kyle is in town for the weekend (the reason I am not in the Uyeharas' house) so I had someone to chase which was great. I am lowering my consistent lap times which is so cool. soon I am hoping to be under 9 flat consistently. Technique technique technique!

1 comment: