Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday October 28th

This morning was another good practice. We did speed endurance so 3 sets of relays all out for 11/2 laps eight times out. I did a 9.0, a 9.1, and a million 9.2s. That is very good for me. I hope to be under 9 soon  but like Chris said, "You just went the fastest you've ever gone and you're complaining you didn't go fast enough!?"
  I fell last night for the first time in a while and I fell again this morning! I think its because I am starting to really get a grasp of what I need to be doing exactly technique-wise and when I don't execute it, but I am close, its dangerous and I can't support the G's. Last night I think that was the case and it was funny the way I fell: It was the last turn(!) of a 15 lapper and as I went down exactly at the middle block, the "apex" of the turn, I fell back on my left and while I was trying to stop myself from falling, I grabbed the apex block and took it with me into the pads where it came dislodged from my grasp from the impact of the hit. I picked it up and put it back and it wasn't until Drew said " there's about a one in a thousand chance that will ever happen again" that I realized what had happened.  This morning's fall was just a case of stepping on a block. I was feeling sooooo good in a 10 lap technique set and I just stepped on the block. 'Twas bizarre. But really, I am feeling so much better than I have skating. I am feeling like I am on a roll, a mission, and that I can prove a lot this year. Now I am in  high again though so I have to be careful how high I let myself go mentally and not be content with where I am, but want more. That should be easy. I just have to shoot for good technique and try to get under 9.0.
  -Gym later and I have to find some sort of a costume for the Halloween Party at Kendall's house Friday night.
  -Now, eating, sleeping, reading, practicing are in my immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment