Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday October 11th

I went to the doctors today to have my boot worked on. I took the bus there just like last time and since last time I arrived 45 minutes late, I left half an hour earlier this time, already feeling like a local on the bus. This time everything went smoothly (I knew exactly how much money to have ready when I got on, I knew exactly how the timing worked, and knew all the time splits of the different buses)and it only took around thirty minutes instead of two hours! I arrived at the doctors an hour and twenty minutes early. It was okay. I read and drew and listened to music and sat in the sun, relaxing in my leisure. What the doctor did was take a fine tool shaped like large scissors but one prong had a ring at the end and one had a ball. At the handle there was a device which enabled him to sustain the right amount of pressure because it locked the arms exactly where he wanted them. I was super cautious and inspected the tool suspiciously and had him explain it precisely. I actually even tried the boot on again before doing the procedure to make sure the marker was in the right place. The thing was, when I tried it on, I could hardly feel the blister at all! I leaned  and I mimicked all the most painful angles we skate at and nothing hurt, so I said lets just push it out a minuscule bit, which is what we did. I really just hope he doesn't have a good point when he (he is Dr. Graves by the way) says that it is not painful just because of the break from skating and that the callus could build up and become painful again. So my taxi arrived ten minutes late to pick me up and dropped me off at  my house late which I tried to avoid by reserving the taxi instead of the bus in the first place, but it all worked out because my ride to Beach training was late. It turned out that even he wasn't late though because he found a much better way to go which literally cut about half an hour off the trip. We arrived there 20 minutes early.

  Anyway, I'm just recapping in such detail because it all just meshed together so well and it was a cool day. The day capped off with the best part of all: A good workout. Wilma said vehemently after the third set of sprints up the hill that she "likes my head" and repeated it seriously. Then, "keep it". I plan to.  Skating tomorrow and I am excited to get on the ice again finally, and at the same time nervous. okayyyy Alarm set: 5:40, skates sharpened, dinner eaten, bag packed, lets do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment