Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Well not much is new around here. I am training very hard still and practicing and reading and thinking of ways to make money. I am starting my workouts earlier and earlier every day - today I was up before eight. lol. I can't believe that is early already after waking up at 5 almost every day.
  Cal is gone to college, which is crazy - I remember playing baseball in his backyard in like second grade. My cousin Sam is in college too and I remember (via a picture on my fridge) taking baths together as infants! Man, time flies. Life is short so you gotta make the most of it.
  Ummm, what else... OH! I learned how to drive stick-shift the other night, although my dad laughs at me when I say I "learned" because I haven't perfected it by any stretch of the imagination. It is a pretty sweet car too - a red, Toyota Mr2. I heard something about it being collector's edition...? not quite sure. It's my grandpa's old car - he always had sweet cars. This morning I did a hill workout on the bike. 3 sets of  3x10 sprints up this hill - each sprint varied from 30 seconds to 52 seconds - always had a rest of 1:30. My heart rate never went above 189. It is a very steep hill, I think 10-11% gradient, getting steeper as it goes. That is a super hard workout. Oh, and I did a ten mile warm-up and 5 mile cool down. In total I did 27 miles (but remember, half of the hill workout is coming down and circling around the dead end) with 4,000 feet of climbing. I did this workout last week and it was easier this week - one time I passed a lawn care truck that was going up the hill. I looked at the driver as I went by, but he didn't race - oh well, it still was cool. I was using my dad's top of the line Look bike and it is truly "an amazing piece of machinery" to quote my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment