Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back Home

I'm back home and already lazy, I guess, seeing as I havn't written in here in ages. Anyway, it's been nice being able to just chill with the good peeps of the nut once again. School has started for Green Meadow and it feels so weird not being a part of that. 

  I have been doing some pretty intense dry-land as I am determined to stay in the shape physically, if not on the ice, that I left Cali in. I tried to workout Monday morning, and I was feeling the effects of the 2 1/2 days off and the plane ride and all. I did a warm-up run then a circuit, then band - up-downs, 4x30 each leg. As I said, I tried. I did not finish the band - maybe 3sets on each leg. I was light-headed and sapped of energy after the run and circuit, again, it was the first day after a long rest. Tuesday morning I did a 45 minute run with 50 meter sprints every 15 minutes. Then ladder exercises, then basic position holds, then hamstring exercises. I did the basic position holds very short but really trying to keep a perfect position and to tuck as much as I could the whole time. That night I did 40 minutes of two minute jog, two minute low-walk, two minute jog, two minute dry skate. So each is done 5 times. That is tough. Then I heard Wilma used to make her skaters do that for three hours! All these workouts of course come down from Wil. Yesterday I did 3 sets of 10x 45 second sprints up a very steep hill by my house with a min. and-a-half rest. After the third set I was just D E A D - I die on a daily basis. It's pretty cool actually. ;)
  Right after that workout I went to the school for a cello lesson and I saw Miss D. for the first time in a long while. That was so nice, as we had a short but interesting( as always) lesson.
  That's all for now - more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment