Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Morning - September 27th

If yesterday was unbearably hot, today is even hotter. I am trying not to move at all, laying here in our room, reading, writing, going on the computer and talking with Edin about deep things. This morning's practice was up and down. I skated through the pain with the blister and it actually was much better than I expected. I am optimistic that it is the right thing to do and that the blister is on the mend. Of course as the session wore on, it got more and more painful, but so does everything. It is not a cut anymore but a scab and you know how scabs are very sensitive?
  Anyway, this morning we did 2x 20laps very slow and technical, then relays then one more 20 lapper. There always seems to be something annoying in the rink. If its not the ice being bad, its the figure skaters music on the other rink coming through the speaker system over and over. This morning they decided to PAINT exactly when  WE got on the ice  and we all got headaches and became dizzy. Yet Wil kept us on the whole morning and no one seems the worse for wear. This morning there was a great moment I had where we did the 3 lap part of the relay and Edin and I were on the track. He passed me and I sprinted to stay with him until we pushed the next teammates. we did 9.3, 9.1 lap times after he passed and it felt really great. I followed his exact steps and was very close and it really felt right - like real short track. I hope to have more of that soon and just keep dropping the tenths on the lap times.

  I am happy to be training again. I feel contented and not antsy, as I felt often when home and not training on the ice. I am also happy I was able to skate on the blister and hope it keeps moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I case you weren't aware, it was an all time record of 113 degrees! Good time to be in an ice rink. Maybe you should spend the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beleive me, I thought about it. Ya, in Long Beach, it was only 111 - In Culver City where Wilma lives it was 115!

    ReplyDelete