Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Morning - September 28th

Is there such a thing as a sun burp?

  It has been one of the coolest summers in So Cal and lately had been cold after the sun went down. All of a sudden its the hottest day ever recorded at 111 degrees Fahrenheit! 
The previous high was in 1963, when it was a measly 103. Today the sun has excused itself and it is a frigid 96. bbbbbrrrrrrrr I'm freezing.
  All last night it was hot, staying in the 80s. It was probably hotter in our room as the dark walls basically collect the heat and insulate the room. As Edin pointed out, "you could fdy an eg on dees valls, man!" 
  It feels very strange to wake up in the dark and go outside and have it feel like a hot balmy summer day. This morning, I didn't have to jog long before I was warmed up. We did all speed this morning, except myself. I tried, but I was sooo slow! I think I went to hard in the warm-up relays, as I felt pretty good. Then I did alright in the next warm-ups, but I was not able to recover, and by the time I did, the foot situation was too bothersome to skate very well. I did do some 9.4s, but I should be able to do much faster in all out relays. I am sure I can. I have before! Yesterday I did a 9.1 following Edin. 
  Edin is teaching me Bosnian, which sounds like a mix between Russian and Italian. He is a very funny guy. During our long hours here in "the room" we have separated the room into two territories - his is the village and way up in the sky soars my bed, a towering mountain range. Whenever I come down from the mountains and enter the village I must provide ID. Its serious business.

No comments:

Post a Comment