Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Okay so I am now staying with Andrew Astolos, a skater from Michigan who i've known since I started skating  at big meets. He and his dad have been staying in this amazing beach appartment in Huntington Beach. He also happens to drive (with a full license even though he's younger than me - Michigan u get ur permit at 151/2) a Beamer 325 convertible. This house is the story though. From the garage, you walk into a semi-covered area with a glass table and chairs, a grill, and a jacuzzi. Inside, it is huge, but not upwise, more like long and narrow. There's great internet and it is literally 5 minutes from Huntington Main. Yesterday we got home, relaxed, ate some food, went on the internet and then just relaxed on one of the nicest beaches in the area for three hours, and then dragged ourselves off and went to beach training. Beach training was super hard and long but Wilma immediately noticed how my one-legged jumps are getting much more explosive. It was a great workout and at the end i went in the ocean again which was as nice as always.
  This morning Wilma actually said she was happy with me! I was happy too. I am really getting strong enough to put into effect the technique i've been striving towards this whole time. I am going much faster for much longer as a result. I led at 9.4 for two laps after a workout of 13 laps at high nines, 9 laps at 9.6, 6 laps at 9.4, and 4 laps all out. i was not able to do all these of course, and nobody held the times perfectly, but I was super tired when I led the first two lap sprint. Both laps were at 9.4. This is pretty promising and I felt real good too during it. I have gone faster here but it was either from a good relay push or following. So, considering how slow the ice is, I think it is a real good sign.

  Gonna go to the beach now and relax after a reallllly hard practice including tons of relays after the affore-mentioned workout and dryland after.

No comments:

Post a Comment