Thursday, August 5, 2010

So this morning was 1000m time trials. I did a 1:34.2 which is pretty slow - much slower than my personal best of 131.8. I am not worried though because the lap times were pretty steady, I just started too slow. ( I never did faster than 9.9 and slower than 10.8). My opening lap was too slow - 12.0 and I think as usual it was just difficult for me to fire up the engines at 7 in the morning, less than 12 hours after a real tough workout last night. Also, I am on the new skates so I am still a bit tentative when i am not comfortable, if that makes sense and the ice is super slow. Viktor did it in 1:30.1 and Tommasso in 131.2. wilma is reminding to not expect too much of myself because my legs are dead, which is how it should be in the summer and I was also sick for a week last week. so I guess I'm okay with that time. The practice was not by any means over after. We did 15 on 15 off sprints x 10 and then 20/40 sprints. I'll write more later hopefully. Now i have to go to the gym. I am laughing at the amount of pain this sport dishes out. Today it took me around 10 minutes to get my skates off again and Wil is getting frustrated cus i'm always late. :) Tough sport. Gotta be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment