Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Morning

Hey  - hows life? Hope its good and everything

  It is suuuper hot here, going into the mid nineties today. This morning was the first day back on the ice after a couple days off. Days off are needed but unfortunately they only make the first day back harder, well for most people, not Edin, who is really a machine disguised as an athlete. Normally, we don't have the hardest practice monday after the day off so we all figured after a rare two days off, it would definitely be relays and technique work. That's what made it all the more painful when Wil announced we were doing 15 second sprint intervals and 20 second/ 40-second-rest sprints and then 3 lap accels. I felt so awful in the grueling workout this morning, that I could hardly keep going. I felt almost like throwing up, but I think that is because I ate too late this morning, now that I live sooo close to the rink. I actually felt good technically at some points, but the endurance was just not there.
  Tommaso is gone back to Italy and he lost his luggage on the way there!! That means his Custom Marchese skates as well as all his equipment!

   - weights later, if I can get to the gym, and no stairs tomorrow, which comes at a great time, because it would be too hot to finish tomorrow for sure. We have more rest this week but higher intensity - though we were laughing this morning, as there was absolutely no extra rest any where to be found...though we searched and searched.

No comments:

Post a Comment