Monday, August 23, 2010

Hey   sorry I haven't updated in so long. I have been staying wit "Ma" in The Holiday Inn this whole week on the fourth floor and the internet was super slow.

  She has been pretty freaked out by the whole scene around here - haha -  always sunny, the sky is blue and the people are always nice and happy.

  Training is hard as ever, but I have been figuring a lot of stuff out technically. Its really amazing just how much technique is involved. I literally can work 3x as hard one day but have bad technique and another day I will go half a second faster a lap(that's a lot) hardly trying, but having figured something out technically. I actually believe that the amount of sleep I get the night before has a lot to do with my focus on technique. I need 8 hours at least or I lack focus and determination to pin point the little details that make it so much easier to fly.

  I am now in the house of the Uyeharas, though Kyle Uyehara is not here (I am staying in his room). They are super nice - like Super nice. Real laid back and chill. The father, Jon is from Hawaii. He has already made me want to go there as soon as I get the chance. Kyle was one of Wilma's works that was forced to leave her for the Salt Lake City /National Team scene. He was on the National Junior team and he finished 8th in 08 at the Junior Worlds in Bolzano, Italy. In his room, there is a poster check for $250! It looks mighty fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment