Sunday, August 15, 2010

yesterday was possibly the most exciting day so far. I fiiiiiinally understood what the "tilting the hips under" phrase really means. I was able to do the exercises the day before, as I told you, and it was the same yesterday. I just can't believe I have never understood it before. I thought I was good at taking in advice and here, after 8 some odd years of doing this, I just now understand. It makes sense - so much sense but is almost impossible to explain...heck, it took me long enough to get myself! I can simply summarize by saying that it was a huge breakthrough which I really needed and it is super encouraging. I feel like I am on the right path for sure now. Too bad the ice session did not go better. I just cannot for the life of me skate well in the beginning of a session. Always, my skating improves throughout the session. I have also noticed that I generally like long distance a lot better than sprints, although sprinting is super exciting. I really hope I do not strip an edge tomorrow. For those who don't know, Stripping an edge is when the blade rolls over some sort of dirt and basically dulls the blade. The dirtier the ice is, the more strips happen, obviously and the less our edges hold up. This ice is incredibly dirty and we all are having trouble with our blades constantly. Its amazing how people from all over the world come here to Train with Wilma and there is absolutely no attractive feature of the rink we are training at.

No comments:

Post a Comment