Saturday, July 31, 2010

This is the weirdest "sickness" I've ever had and maybe the most frustrating. I feel basically normal just that I'm soooo run down. It is truly and genuinely boring to sit here like a couch potato and watch time fly by, missing workout after workout, thinking about my skates, just waiting until this weird thing clears from my system. I really do assure you I have realized that I am not the only person in the world with a small problem, but I do wish this would hurry up and pass so that I could get back on the road to Sochi, 2014.

I'm watching Forest Gump - well - really, I'm watching commercials with a little bit of thee movie thrown in, but it really is a good movie. I like it a lot better seeing it again.

Last night i watched a craaaaazy movie called Hard Candy with the girl from Juno as a truly psycho 14 year old girl. ummm, not for the faint of heart.

So with Ingmar in the house, there have been lots of conversations about skating obviously. Last night we had a heated debate with the whole family about Apolo. Apparently all or most of the skaters don't like how he skates. He is a dirty skater. So we all debated the famous 1000m race from salt lake. Good stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, yo! Though we can appreciate the shock of prolonged discomfort, a tightly squeezed foot is nothing to the athlete whose inner sensibilities are properly tuned toward an elegant longevity with NO regrets, where unexpected unpleasant sensations of this nature might otherwise serve as an opportunity to deepen his tolerance of them, knowing and understanding full well it is simply a necessary part of the journey to -- Sochi, for example, and beyond. And let's don't forget: War -- it is not!

    Yes, compelling/distracting/captivating as "pain" may be, it might be interesting to view these 'conditions,' rather, as let's say "moments of intense sensation" instead of 'pain,' -- for they are definitely temporary, and more importantly, seeing it thus takes the negative sting of "pain" out of it. For it is, in fact, NOT an accident or fall or something that is being done TO you (which often qualifies these types of misfortunes as 'painful'), it is merely another in a series of unexpected 'conditions' provided for you to intuitively overcome their capacity to distract!
    (And, as always, don't believe a word of anything you hear from others unless you can verify it!!)
    Lastly, perhaps you might treat yourself to the thought of how well the skates will serve you once broken in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. t6anks a bunch whoever that was - all makes sense. Can I ask if I know you or not?

    ReplyDelete