Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stairs; round 2

Back from my second stair workout. I actually have been driving sometimes when Alex is in the car and I drove today. First we picked up Sammy, then we arrived at the stairs roughly 40 minutes late (!) due to traffic. I mean we did leave a bit late, but really, I was going crazy with how the traffic is here in rush hour. Because of the freakin traffic, I missed the table jumps but I still had a great workout. Today was just ridiculous because of how hot the sun was. Its not at all humid but the sun is just so damn strong. I only did 4 sets last time. Today i set out to do 6. The first 2 were great. I thought i was superman. Then the sun got stronger and the legs got heavier, the shakes came, and I struggled to complete 5 sets. At the end, I did the last and hardest flight so I in effect did 51/3 flights.
Just a note about how amazing Coach Wilma is - She has had a messed up back for a while and we never here a word about it. Today I found out after the workout that she is really sick and I had no idea! She's the greatest. She always seems to see when we are at our best and tells us she saw it and she understands when we're feeling sluggish.
At one point the sun was so hot on my back, as i was bent over doing a one-legged jump set, that I stood up and just closed my eyes and tried to gather myself for I was seeing red and splotchy. I seem to be getting in great shape though because I don't feel too drained now and i'm gunna do a core workout before training tonight at 4:45.
Oh and i ended up just doing core yesterday instead of the gym because Wilma wanted to tell me the workout and technique personally.
Aight: Core, sharpen, nap, then practice. I'm out.

1 comment: