Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back in the ridge

Wow, what a trip. It didn't hit me how much I enjoyed myself until I was in the plane home. Soooo many amazing memories and new friends. I miss Melbourne so much. Here's a little album from the trip: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150703775662534.460716.590047533&type=1

   I guess i finished 16th overall. I finished 12th in the 1000m, after the fall. Unbelievable how many variables are prominent in the sport. the ice just simply broke out from under me. I really was in perfect position with 21/2 laps to go to move on to the semi-finals. Such a shame. Until I fell that was the sexiest thing I've done in my life. At the banquet, the whole U.S. team got a plump $1200 check to split four ways (not so plump anymore, I know). That ws sweet and unexpected. The Banquet ad the ensuing "after parties" were tons of fun. i traded for four different country's jackets! So now i have a Japanese, Korean, Italian, and Turkish jacket to go along with my U.S. clothes. Its been a crazy, emotional ride, these last bunch of weeks. Thank you all soooo much for ur continuous support!

1 comment:

  1. link takes me to: This content is currently unavailable
    :-(

    ReplyDelete