Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday July 30th, 2011

Yo yo yoooow! Week's ovaa. I feel similar to how I felt at my 8th Grade graduating ceremony. I did it. haha. It was so difficult because of the National Team Camp last week - how it ended with the sand dunes and then we hopped on a plane and were traveling so it felt like there was no off day. This week was rough. Even mighty Cole, who never ever wears down asked K if we (him, Lexi and I, those who went to Marquette - J.H. is still not skating from the ankle injury) could take this morning's practice off. haha! Fat chance!! We were there this morning, toiling away in the 95 degree sunny humid weather and then in the ice rink working away in what I like to call K's Technique Factory. Its pretty admirable how many times he can energetically say the same things and yell at us in the same way and not give up. Its working though. I am beginning to form a nucleus of "my form". I have to develop it and train my muscles to remember it and be able to repeat it and then - the most important part, be able to hold it when the muscles fill with lactic acid and are burning with 3 laps to go in the 1500m final, sending millions of messages to my brain on how they think it would be awfully swell if I could stand up and take a breather fer a quickie. 
  This Monday coming up Andrew Astalos roles in. I trained with him in Cali when I was there and we had many good times. He is actually buying a house here! He's a bit younger than me and he's a Long Tracker by nature. However, he is going on the theory that you have to be good at Short Track to be Great at Long Track, a la Shani Davis and many others.
  Last night was tons of fun. A bunch of us piled into Harshaan's car and went to get ice cream. There's a place right around the corner called Bruster's that makes home made ice cream to die for. The flavor that I tried once and havn't varied from is Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. I mean, that just sounds ingenious, doesn't it?! Then we went to Evan's and played some pool, chilled and went home for a full night's sleep before the slightly later sat. practice.
  Gotta rest up for a fresh start Monday!
  Tomorrow morning a bunch of us are going with an adult skater in the club to the shooting range. Very new experience for artsy Waldorf Boy (me) but I'll get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment