Monday, July 18, 2011

First Morning done, National Team Camp in Marquette

The heavens broke last night and I was able to relax to the sound of rain pouring down outside. This morning I woke up at 5:30, which is nice compared to 4:10 in Pittsburgh, had a leisurely breakfast in my room of granola and yogurt, some fruit. I met everybody in the lobby and we jogged to the rink in the Berry Events center. This rink held the Olympic Trials last year and the last world cup before the olympics. Its a real nice facility with very decent ice. The guys from Pittsburgh were told yesterday that we will be leading 90% of the time and sure enough, Cole John-Henry and I each led a set of 20 laps this morning. we did drills and relays and then were done for the morning. An easy practice to start the week! I'm sure it will get much much harder. It was so fun to be on the ice with Shani Davis who is hilARious, Travis Jayner, Katherine Reutter, all multiple time olympians with legs of steel. We all then walked to the cafeteria and had a pleasurable breakfast. The food is really great. The campus is deserted but its still cool to be on a college campus. Resting up then I'm gonna go to lunch early and then go to the dome to see the sports doctor they have here as a complimentary deal. I hear he's great and he may be able to help my hip flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment