Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Summary of the most successful competition of my life

Well, its over, and I could hardly be more proud of myself if I won every race. I battled out there, while keeping my cool. This is something of a novelty (hah) as I've been pretty inconsistent this year. Because I've had such lows recently, I was ready to deal with and quickly overcome that silly fall in the first final when I was sitting in perfect position; that bit of bad luck in the 9lap Time trial, running into the back of my pair, something that should never happen; and then be able to embrace the pressure on the third day of having to skate the best of my life when it counted the most. That strategy in the last 1500m superfinal was one of the bravest decisions Ive made.I Did ITT!!! Whooooooo. The thing is, if I had gotten fourth overall, it would have been great, but I would have been the alternate spot who only skates the relay in Australia. Now I will compete against the rest of the world in every distance plus the relay! That should be really fun. The relay team should be pretty strong, with our leader J.H., who is so strong he actually was finishing relays at the Senior level on the U.S. team this year!
  I really cant be thankful enough to all my coaches over the years. To my parents, grandparents of course and also to all you friends/fans who were watching the live stream - that was sooooooo sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment