Thursday, January 26, 2012

All or Nothing

I am in Washington D.C. now for the Junior World Team Trials that start tomorrow. The top four overall finishers will go to represent the U.S. at the Junior World Championships in Melbourne Australia in later February. There are 45 guys! Should be good. The time trials are tomorrow - the same scenario as at Senior Trials - the top sixteen times out of the time trials will compete for the four team spots and the rest will compete in the B and, because of how many people there are, C groups. The event will be streaming live!!!!!!! check it out: Live Streaming of Junior Trials  The Time Trials should start at around 11am, and maybe after tonight's meeting I'll have an idea of what time mine will be at. If I do, I'll post it here. Saturday and Sunday the racing starts at 11am. This is the event that though it does not define who I AM, will make or break this season as a success for me. I want to be on that team so badly and its been what Ive been training for since last Junior Trials. I couldn't have asked for a better last session at practice Wednesday morning. I am confident, tautly excited and nervous and ready to go! Lets face it. Its the middle of the winter - its the summer in Australia - and I need a tan... so i have to make that team.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment