Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday October 16th, 2011

Back in Pittsburgh not much has changed except there are a lot more leaves on the ground and it is colder. I miss home already but I've learned that this actually subsides as time goes on up to an extent, before it starts being too long. Home was, well home. What can I say? I love it in the Ridge. Waking up early was definitely a plus as the days seemed much longer and more productive. I actually did some really great workouts that I hope to include into the training here. I took care of some issues, spent quality time with Ma n Pa, and the cat Peppito of course, had a blast driving myself places and running errands, and generally had a great stay I think because it was so last minute and unexpected, it was more enjoyable because it was almost a bonus. Friday night with my friends was just awesome. Had such an amazing time. It was one big blend of fun and silliness until I forced myself to go home and get some sleep before my eight hour bus ride. As bad as that sounds, it was actually better than a plane ride in some ways. There were much less annoyances and inconveniences. The seats were much more comfortable and I had a free seat next to me the whole time. I brought a ton of great food and beverages so that when we took a half hour stop at Subway half way to PA State College, I didn't even need anything and I didn't even eat dinner. Thanks so much mom. This morning I did a workout and felt the affects of the ride, but hopefully I loosened up my muscles for tomorrow. Time to train to be extraordinary! That's the new motto. Do something extraordinary. I have two weeks until Am. Cup II where I have an excellent shot to finish in the top ten as it is not a world team qualifier and the world team will not be there. (  ;) Dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment