Sunday, October 30, 2011

After a quick drive home from Cleveland, I am home in Pittsburgh again, reminiscing about all the valuable lessons I learned this weekend, what the training in Pittsburgh has done for me and could do more of after exactly a year of training here, and looking fervently ahead to the next couple days, weeks, and months. Although the overall results will not show it whatsoever, I skated fast while turning left at Am. Cup II. I surprised myself again, just like at AM. Cup I. I was killed by penalties and so my points tally followed suit. I don't even know what I finished overall. I skated great in the 1000meters and 1500meters. My endurance and strength is very good in comparison with the other athletes, however my 500m. is abominable. I am not a sprinter. That much I cemented this weekend, and I have to improve this part of my skating from many different angles. I have plans and schemes galore and I will talk to Coach K on Tuesday when we start training again. I also was crushed by lack of good judgement on a few passes, that I didn't need to make in hindsight, which lead to penalties. This will improve with experience and cataloging these mistakes in my mind in future races. "Gotta choose your battles". My dad said this. It was so nice to see paps and I'm really happy he came. We had some great times together like always. So thankful I have a great relationship with my parents.
  I don't know if its something I ate, or the lack of racing today because of a penalty, but I am extremely built up and inspired to train and try new things in the coming months leading up to Senior Trials and Junior Trials. Hopefully I can keep that feeling floating around my being and actually produce some tangible success in the result sheets come January. More coming tomorrow, including some good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment