Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting Back Into It...Already - Thursday April 7th, 2011

3 weeks has somehow flown past already since the end of the season. I am back in Pittsburgh feeling rested, (well, last night I was - not so much after practice this morning)  revamped, and ready to move up a like a ROCKET (!!!) through the standings this year (racing starts in September). It feels good to be back. I really do enjoy training and surprisingly I feel much better physically when I am. It was so fun to be back in the Ridge for some time though. I miss it of course, but am happy all the same. I'm looking at it as going to college early...minus the partying.
  Moving away from the moppy stuff, today was already brutal, mostly because I am out of shape (natural after the break). I have to get back into the rhythm of waking up at 4. It sounds ridiculous, but its not that bad. So today we did basic form training. Its sort of like the skating equivalent of a root canal which you've put off for way too long and hurts that much more. But I wouldn't want to do anything else right now. Mrs. Krueger's equivalent is "a whole body plastic surgery which leaves you sore and bruised but you know that soon, you will have the best bikini body". I am certainly sore after this morning. This kind of training will gradually increase in intensity and sessions per week until the full flung SUMMER TRAINING begins in June. SAND CAMP I believe is at the end of June.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment