Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10th. 2010

Hey all, I am so busy all the time and there isn't much to report on other than that I am working hard and working hard and working hard...  One exciting thing happened the other morning: We were skating in the paceline going about 50% (luckily not more) when the lights all just completely went out. Since it was still dark out at 6:30, there was absolutely no light coming from anywhere and it was literall pitch black for 5 seconds before the emergency lights came into effect. Everybody yelled out, each individual doing something dramatic of his own. John-Henry apparently skated through the turn then decided to stop short. Mitch veered into the middle and stopped short. I myself slowly came to a halt and braced myself for whatever masses of confusion could hit me from behind. It really did spice practice up a bit.

  So I am packed for Salt Lake City. The Kruegers and I are leaving tomorrow for Senior Championships. I wasn't sure if I was going until a couple weeks ago, but I was invited as I was ranked inside the top 24. I am excited. Salt Lake is of course the site of the 2002 olympic games and has some of the fastest ice in the world due to the high altitude. We will get in tomorrow, take a day to settle in, and then train in the oval to get accustomed to the unique ice and conditions. Should be fun. I have to make the top 16 in the 9 lap time trial to compete in group 1 and if not, I will compete against only the skaters who do not make the top 16 cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment