Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So here I am, back in the Burgh. Its the season. Much much different feel. Only two sessions in one day once a week (Friday). Different kinds of drills - more speed and sprinting, shorter, more intense intervals. More time in the day for school, cello, and of course writing in the blog. The weather is pitching in to the intense change in life for me. Its cold and rainy, not hot and sunny. Its exciting. I realized on the way back that the summer is over. I made it. Now no matter what the workout is in the morning, the schedule cannot be as grueling. More fun and enjoying going fast!! This morning, back on the ice for the first time in a week and a half, with hardly any sleep (got in very late last night), and extremely stiff from sitting in a plane all day yesterday, I really surprised myself with the lap times. I felt terrible but my times were pretty fast considering. Hopefully being burnt out is a thing of the past (or of the summer - haha) and I can really kick it into gear for the races!

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVE YOU CLAUDE!
    no seriously, can't wait for the season to get under way.

    ReplyDelete