Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday November 6th

Tis the eve of the race. It is cold and rainy here in Cleveland, Ohio. Well actually it is more snowy than rainy. Call it a wintry mix and I love it. The trees are orange and red and brown and my hands get cold and stiff if I stay outside too long. Feels like it should November 5th.
  I have had a busy bunch of days preparing so I apologize for failing to post in so long. Wednesday night I only got 41/2 hours of sleep because I went to practice that night so I couldn't have all my bags packed when I got back and I had to eat something. By the time I got to sleep it was 11 and I had to wake up at 3:30 for the flight here. I am so disoriented. I went through a porthole it feels like from clear deep blue skies and 85-90s to cold, hailing Cleveland. Thursday was a lost day. I was so wired I hardly was myself plus the fact that the clock moved forward 3 hours from L.A. to here so I traveled super early but by the time I was settled into the room it was practically time for dinner. I have been in a room at the Regency Hotel all by my self since then. It is a really nice room as far as my standards for regular hotels go and overall, I have been impressed. The only flaw so far was the magically emptying bathtub. No matter what I did, it kept emptying even though I stopped the drain and could not feel anywhere where there was a downward current! My bath in Epsom Salts and stretching was the latest thing I've done today, and before, I went to the rink this morning for practice Ice and went to eat and pick up groceries at Wal Mart with Jean and Kyle. With the World Cup team not present, Kyle has a great shot to win the overall competition here this weekend. I'm just trying to improve on last Am. Cup. It should be great and there is actually a live stream in HD, I believe ... here:  http://www.shorttrackhd.com/menu.html  I am pretty sure the live stream is happening tomorrow if you click on the link some ways down that page. I will find out for sure soon and get back to you. Of course, if you miss it or can't watch, my dad is here this time! So he will be recording all the races. You just won't get those live. He should be here any minute from the airport actually. We're gunna go check in for the race and then eat.
  I'll try to confirm on the live video soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment