Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

I have yet to post since my birthday celebration here at my home away from home. Mrs. Krueger made me feel so special it was embarrassing (in a good way).
   She had asked me what my birthday dinner should be and I had requested lamb chops (she had made them a couple times before) and wild rice. She came home Monday night and was going to start the lamb chops when I heard from my bedroom in a distressed voice "WHO PUT THE LAMB CHOPS IN THE FREEZER!!!?" I suddenly stiffened as I remembered it had been me that had taken the lamb chops downstairs when she brought them back from the store and that it was probably me that had...put my own birthday dinner in the freezer instead of the refrigerator. I had ruined my own birthday dinner. "Hey", pointed out Mrs. Krueger, " at least it WAS you. Now I feel better." haha. We ended up going out for pizza and having the amaaaazing dinner for lunch the next day but not before I was ushered into the living room for my birthday present!!! Mrs Krueger and her mother "Badah" got us all tickets to Cirque de Soleil!!!!! I was not very familiar with what that is but Mrs Krueger showed me some videos and it is pretty much a visual blast of amazing physical imaginative talent with booming colors and fantastic sets. Its for may 26th. Cool, right?? SO the next day we had the lamb chops, accompanied by delicious wild rice, beautiful Italian bread with garlic butter, finished off with a savory Apple Pie with Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream (the two go very well together, I must say). So all in all it was definitely not a lost birthday away from home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment