Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wednesday night: I stayed with Andrew and his father through the day, again going to the beach after stairs in the morning. Wed, night we did two circuits after the agility ladder. Those circuits are so hard. You alternate between 20 sit-ups, 20 jumps, and 20 push-ups with Wil counting the rhythm out ruthlessly. One circuit I think consists of 6 different jumps and 6 sets of push-ups and sit-ups and then  a minute plank at the end. There is no rest during the circuit and no rest between circuits. The second is the same except that the plank at the end is two minutes. I did very well on them and I was able to hold the plank at the end without dropping for a second for the first time. I took Kendal's advice and just closed my eyes, concentrated on my breathing and tried to enjoy the sweat poring off my body. By the end, I was shaking so violently that my teeth were literally chattering, which is definitely another first in my short life so far. So I was very happy with the circuits which have honestly frustrated me until yesterday.
  Unfortunately, the ice was not nearly as good. I had some good moments, but for the most part the blister on my foot was too much of a distraction and just put me in a bad mood so that I had trouble getting over the fatigue from the days workouts so far. It was an easy practice. we did starts and accels. I also got a strip within 5 minutes and now that I remember, that was what really put me in a bad mood. After ice was 4x 15 crossovers with the turn band. I grabbed a Subway with Jean on the way home in order to eat something as fast as possible, confirmed a lesson for today with my students, sharpened my skates and went to sleep. There is absolutely no break or time to rest from Wednesday night to Thursday morning. I fell asleep at ten and woke up at 5 30. I was so sleepy and just drained in general this morning - I don't know if it's because I have been doing really well this week so far and pushing myself more, or that I sense the end coming soon. What really kills me is the blister. It is on the inside of my right skate where there is the most pressure because you are constantly steering around the turn on the inside right edge. It sucks. Wilma told me to just push through and to make the best because even if I am not able to give 100%, it is still going into my system and making me stronger and tougher and that a break is close. I only have one more day before I leave for home.
  I pushed through and did okay in dryland. I was so tired when I came home, I did nothing before I fell asleep. I had the presence of mind to set my alarm for 12 as I was being picked up at one by the wonderful mother of my students to teach them in a near by church. Yet despite setting the alarm, I woke up to Jon knocking on the door saying there is someone here to see me. Not even thinking about my students, I went out for a quick glance in just my boxers, and I recognized Susan, and almost jumped as I quickly retreated to my room to cloth myself and get ready. I don't know if the alarm went off and I turned it off in my idiotic sleep or what, but I slept a good three hours without waking once. I actually taught a great lesson though. in a church nearby with leaf blowers going the whole time.
  Ice tomorrow at 6 40 again. My last session before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment